Huoli Arcade Huoli Arcade

Cool Shooter!

The enemy behaviour reminds me of Galaga.
The enemies suddenly appearing from the middle of the screen definitely made it more hectic, but it threw me off at the start, and makes the whole top half of the screen unnecessary space (except for 'Wave Complete' text), and makes the cool background particle effects more distracting than anything.
Also some background music would be cool.
That being said, this is a Brilliant first game! Keep up the good work!

ggvicviper responds:

Yeah, I feel the BG music thing. I wanted to keep the size very small though. Next game will have some nice tunes. That being said, this isn't actually my first game - just my first game on this brand (and in Flash as well). There is also a native code version (aka Downloadable) for Windows & Mac on the site. It doesn't have BG music, but BG sounds.

Also, the top screen is for a retro-forward scrolling effect. Some like it, some don't, can't win em all. I personally love Gyruss, so I wanted to put something forward scrolling in there.

I'm glad you like the game though!

Bacteria Simulator Bacteria Simulator

Cool simulation.

The Behavior of the Predators, Plants and Herbivores were all very well coded, as was the Graph.
My only question is if there's any difference between the behaviours of different colour Herbivores and Predators?

TehCybernerd responds:

why thank you. no, they were going to be different, but then i got tired of coding. i left the colours in as decoration more than anything else.

Sushi Fighter Sushi Fighter

Took me a few tries to get the hang of it.

It would have been funner if you could jump higher, and it was paced faster.
Very fun sidescroller, and blowing up the enemies was extremely satisfying.

Frank the Ant Frank the Ant

As an Interactive movie it was entertaining.

But I'm not a big fan of Quicktime events as a gameplay element. There also should have been more checkpoints, so you didn't have to sit through the same cutscenes every time you die.

Super Magritte Bros Super Magritte Bros

Brilliant Art Application! SPOILERS AHEAD

I've always been a fan of 'Treachery of Images' and using Video Games as a medium was clever, especially one as iconic as Mario (loved the pipe pun, btw) they've always been underrated as a possible art form.
I also enjoyed the GLaDOS-esque way the game taunted you for being gullible.
The only problems I found with this is that while falling through space, the pacing of the text was a little bit slow and the game was very short and ended rather abruptly.

01010111 responds:

I appreciate the review! I'm glad it went over well. The text pacing was difficult for me to figure out - it's hard to tell if I'm reading too fast because I know what it says already. Another thing that bugs me about the text is that it distracts from the sprite, which very subtly erodes away as the scene goes on. There's a lot to take into account when making games!

Thanks again for the review!

Handless millionaire Handless millionaire

Considering the things people do for money...

...this could be a real gameshow.
In the meantime, it makes me wonder if I can clip my fingernails with a guillotine.

Gabriel The Gladiator Gabriel The Gladiator

Lacking something...

Like instead of automatically combining objects, having some sort of inventory system.
And highlighting collectable & usable items on mouseover instead of a 'click blindly until something works' system.

Missilebreak Outvaders Missilebreak Outvaders

Awesome concept.

And you didn't just throw a bunch of old arcade games together, you took the best bits out of all of them and crafted this masterpiece, it's hectic, fun and very well made.

Gordon Freeman Soundboard Gordon Freeman Soundboard

This is exactly what I expected...

...But I love it anyway.

Robot Arena TP Robot Arena TP

Fun game!

And the visuals are brilliant, especially the 3D CG.